MicroStation utilizes reference files in the creation of cut sheets. When the project is over, sometimes the client requests the files. Sending the client the cut sheets with all of the reference files does not always work out. Sometimes the path is lost to a reference file or a cut sheet may have a lot of reference files attached but not turned on making the file messy. The end result is that we want to give the client the best possible product.
We want to give the client the best product we can so what I do is merge all the reference files into each corresponding cut sheet so everything is live. If you have many cut sheets, doing the Ref Merge one by one can be tedious but if you use MicroStation’s Batch Converter tool it’s a snap.
Follow the steps below to merge multiple files.
- Create a new directory to store the final merged files (i.e. Final Merged Files).
- In MicroStation go to Utilities>Batch Converter…
- In the Batch Convert dialog box change the Default Destination field to the Final Merged Files directory and also change Default Output Format to V8.
- Next go to Edit>V8 Save Options… and set the settings as shown below and tag OK.
- In the Batch Convert dialog box, click the Add Files or Directories to Convert button.
- Go through all the directories and select all the files needed to be converted.
- Once all the files are imported, select all the files then tag the Apply to Selection button then tag the computer icon.
- When the Files to Convert dialog box appears, click the Convert button.
Advertisement - this article continues below
- The files will start to process. When it is finished, click the Done button.
- Open the file and spot check to make sure that everything converted correctly.
- Create a ZIP file of the merged cut sheets.
- Create a ZIP file of all the master files.