This offer is only valid for US and Canada customers only. If you live outside of those regions, you can ignore this offer.
As we know, Autodesk no longer sells the perpetual license. Except for suites and some standalone products, you still can purchase them until July 31, 2016. It means you no longer can upgrade your existing products unless you keep your maintenance subscription active.
Right now Autodesk has an offer to switch to the subscription model. This offer allows you to trade in your old licenses to any latest software. For example, if you have AutoCAD 2007, you can trade in with Building Design Suite Ultimate. The offer is quite attractive. You only need to pay for one year, and you can use it for three years.
But yes, it will be no longer a perpetual license. After three years you can’t use it anymore unless you renew your subscription.
However, if you do plan for an upgrade soon, this offer is an excellent opportunity. It’s either you need to upgrade or want to make use of unused of your old licenses.
In short, these are what you need to know about this offer:
- The perpetual licenses that you can trade in are version 2005-2015. Not all products are eligible, check if your product is eligible in the offer page.
- Trade in will switch your perpetual license to subscription model (like a rental, you need to pay annually)
- You can trade in to other products. However, LT products only can be traded to other LT products only.
- You only need to pay for one year, and you will get the license for three years.
- This offer ends April 22, 2016.
If you think this offer is right for you, you can trade in your Autodesk perpetual license here.
If you still want to purchase a perpetual license, your option is to purchase Suites product. They are also available in Autodesk store here. Remember that after July 31 Autodesk will no longer sell the perpetual license.