Have you used AutoCAD 2015? It’s already released for several months now, and it’s easy to see that not everybody is happy with the new features. It happens for every new release, but I see strong reaction for some features.
I thought it would be good to know what is your favorite feature in AutoCAD 2015, and what is the one that you hate the most.
I set an online poll here: http://goo.gl/forms/Twg5ebwfxf
There are only two question: what feature is your favorite, and what is that you hate. If you don’t find the feature in the list, you can choose other and type your own.
After you submit your vote, you can find a link to poll result. So you can see what the others think about the new AutoCAD 2015 features.
You can also discuss about this topic in the comment section, if you want to discuss about it further.
I’ve been using the LT form of 2015 daily for a little over a month.
• I like the lasso selection, but it seems slow to respond especially in bigger files so I’ve stayed away from it
• I think the buttons on the bottom panel are a heap better, I like that the added the fly outs to things like polar, osnap, ect ect
• ISO Metric Drafting Utility is a nice addition
• Dark tool pallets and tabs – This is probably my favourite feature
• When searching help if you click on the button icon in help it shows you where it is on the ribbon this is especially good for a couple of the guys here that have held off on using ribbons that now can’t find anything!
• Drop down insert menu added to block section of home ribbon to pick block you want to insert (can be a little slow with long lists – does remember where in the list you were when you used it last
• I like the new tab because it keeps my recent documents, what I feel they missed the mark with this is that you can’t open them read only from there.
• They seem to have change the spelling auto correct, no it seems the word has to be highlighted before you just right clicked the word
• I’m not sold on the ice blue selected highlighting
• The new layout of the paper space tab scrolling is a screw up in my mind when you have a lot of tabs. Now it shows up in a fly out, I liked the old scroll and jump to start/end buttons. But that could be me. This is partially I’m assuming because the PS tabs and the bottom buttons are all on the same line now to give more drawing space.
• It could just be me but it seems that grid tends to turn it’s self on some times because it can. I can’t figure this one out, it’s not all the time but sometimes it just decides to turn on when you open a file even if that file was saved with it off.
• I like that they put the annotation monitor next to the annotation controls
That’s an impressive list Chris,
Thank you for sharing. For the recent documents list, I think it’s the default behavior for all program, including Microsoft Office. The only way to open it as read only is from open dialog box.
I’ve had a lot of information on the status line for the past 20 years from modemacro. 2015 cuts the space for that information to less that half what it was before. There was nothing on the 2014 status bar that needed changing.
Fix the status bar or provide an option to change it back!
Change for the sake of change 2015 has taken the trophy away from r13 as the worst release ever!
You are not alone. This must be top 2 of the most hated “enhancements” in AutoCAD 2015.